Bankruptcy Free Consultation
One of the best tools offered by an attorney is the bankruptcy free consultation. This consultation enables a person considering filing bankruptcy to ask questions, receive a professional perspective on their financial situation, and learn about the process that could free them financially.
It is best to opt for the bankruptcy free consultation rather than just choose an attorney and jump in. This consultation allows you to learn about the person who could be standing by you for the next 3 to 6 months or so. You also get a raw look at your financial situation. While most people considering bankruptcy realize that they have a problem, they do not truly see the depth of it until it is laid out in front of them.
Here are some other benefits of a bankruptcy free consultation:
- You learn that bankruptcy was created to help individuals move out from under their mountain of debt and start all over, so bankruptcy is not a bad thing.
- You are able to discount many of the myths that you have probably heard about bankruptcy, such as it ruining your credit for 10 years. You can acquire new credit in just a matter of months of acquiring your discharge.
- You and your attorney can discuss how you got into debt and this will reveal ways in which you can prevent it from happening again.
- You learn about the cost, which includes filing and attorney’s fees.
- You can ask your attorney questions, such as what will occur in your unique situation. This means working together to figure the worth of assets and whether or not any of your assets may need to be used to satisfy any of your debts.
- By seeing the scope of your financial situation, you can see what needs to be done to prepare financially for the future.
Most of all, your bankruptcy free consultation gives you the peace of mind that you need to do the right thing for you. There seems to be a stigma attached to going bankrupt, but what many find is that relieving themselves of financial hardship far outweighs what others may think.